Better Late Then Never....
We can all agree, that is has been FOREVER since I really have written a blog post. Well here's to making an effort.
While I may not be able to recap what's been happing the last 2 years, I will just update you on our most recent events.
Disneyland 2014
We have been saving our money for about 2 years to take this trip, we always had told LilliAnn when she turned 5 years old we would take her to Disneyland, I think she was more then impressed, and there was no disappointments.
First time airplane rides for both of our girls, waking up at 5:30 am - LilliAnn was all smiles first thing we had to wake her up. They both did so well on the plane. We didn't waste any time at all making our entrance to the park. Rides were a must! Mickey shaped ice cream, cotton candy, pizza, we ate it. It might not have been a healthy trip, but we made do with what we could.
Girls did pretty well on most of the rides, a good handful of them were dark, and loud, which neither or the girls really cared for at all, almost to the point of tears. They were troopers tho, willing to try new things. I think hands down the most favorite ride for both of them had to have been the carousel. High up on Lilli's list would be California Soarin' and the Dumbo ride I had talked LilliAnn into going on Splash Mountain before we even left for our trip, she was excited to check it out with me. After the ride was done, she wasn't excited at all, she DID NOT like drops. :( I felt bad, but was proud of her for going. We even tried Pirates of the Carrabin, she was in tears, ONLY because of the drops in the ride. Another ride we had to skip out on was Tough to be a bug, a 3d movie that stimulates bugs, that was a NO go for both of them. :( They did in fact love Toy Story Mania, a 3d shooting game.
Our hotel had a great pool the girls loved to swim in, even the water slides gets two thumbs up from daddy. I loved the light up castle and fireworks headboard above our bed. We got to eat a character breakfast with some of Mickey's friends, which was really neat, along with yummy food, different character's visited us at our table.
One of the first character's we met was Cinderella, after that we got them an autograph book for the girls to get signed. They seemed to like to see the character's, and wanted to meet them, but when it was their turn, they got shy. LilliAnn was a good sport, and put her cheesey smile on for the camera anyways. Naomi only really warmed up to one character, Goofy!!
Another thing that Lilli enjoyed was pin trading, she definitely found a favorite, and wanted to keep a pink Mickey metal pin, and had no problem at all trading the other one over and over.
Our last day, we enjoyed just being together, we spent most of it in Down Town Disney, the girls got to each pick a prize, the whole time we were there they never asked for anything. I think the only thing asked for was some cotton candy. So on the last day we let them pick a prize. LilliAnn picked a spy glass, which we was MORE then happy to get. And Naomi found a little Minnie Mouse baby swaddled in a blanket. Plane ride back home was easy, so thankful we had little princess behavior.
HomeSchool 2014
I'm sure all of you know already but we have decided to Homeschool our girls. It's something that we both think will benefit our girls in every way possible., and we feel this is what the Lord wants us to do. Please keep us in your prayers as we go on this journey. There is SO much to learn, I'm excited to see how the Lord will guide us through this.
So LilliAnn is in her Kindergarten year. And Naomi is in her Preschool year. I'm looking forward to going on many new adventures with both of them.
Right now LilliAnn is already starting to read, she really seemed to pick up quickly on this. She also seems to understand math (adding, time, money) pretty well too. Right now she is working on writing her numbers and letters the right way, she sometimes will get them backwards, and she gets frustrated when she knows that it's not right.
Naomi can count pretty well, we are teaching her shapes, and colors.
Well I think that should do it for now. Thanks so much for taking time to catch up on our family. We are so blessed in the Lord.
While I may not be able to recap what's been happing the last 2 years, I will just update you on our most recent events.
Disneyland 2014
We have been saving our money for about 2 years to take this trip, we always had told LilliAnn when she turned 5 years old we would take her to Disneyland, I think she was more then impressed, and there was no disappointments.
First time airplane rides for both of our girls, waking up at 5:30 am - LilliAnn was all smiles first thing we had to wake her up. They both did so well on the plane. We didn't waste any time at all making our entrance to the park. Rides were a must! Mickey shaped ice cream, cotton candy, pizza, we ate it. It might not have been a healthy trip, but we made do with what we could.
Girls did pretty well on most of the rides, a good handful of them were dark, and loud, which neither or the girls really cared for at all, almost to the point of tears. They were troopers tho, willing to try new things. I think hands down the most favorite ride for both of them had to have been the carousel. High up on Lilli's list would be California Soarin' and the Dumbo ride I had talked LilliAnn into going on Splash Mountain before we even left for our trip, she was excited to check it out with me. After the ride was done, she wasn't excited at all, she DID NOT like drops. :( I felt bad, but was proud of her for going. We even tried Pirates of the Carrabin, she was in tears, ONLY because of the drops in the ride. Another ride we had to skip out on was Tough to be a bug, a 3d movie that stimulates bugs, that was a NO go for both of them. :( They did in fact love Toy Story Mania, a 3d shooting game.
Our hotel had a great pool the girls loved to swim in, even the water slides gets two thumbs up from daddy. I loved the light up castle and fireworks headboard above our bed. We got to eat a character breakfast with some of Mickey's friends, which was really neat, along with yummy food, different character's visited us at our table.
One of the first character's we met was Cinderella, after that we got them an autograph book for the girls to get signed. They seemed to like to see the character's, and wanted to meet them, but when it was their turn, they got shy. LilliAnn was a good sport, and put her cheesey smile on for the camera anyways. Naomi only really warmed up to one character, Goofy!!
Another thing that Lilli enjoyed was pin trading, she definitely found a favorite, and wanted to keep a pink Mickey metal pin, and had no problem at all trading the other one over and over.
Our last day, we enjoyed just being together, we spent most of it in Down Town Disney, the girls got to each pick a prize, the whole time we were there they never asked for anything. I think the only thing asked for was some cotton candy. So on the last day we let them pick a prize. LilliAnn picked a spy glass, which we was MORE then happy to get. And Naomi found a little Minnie Mouse baby swaddled in a blanket. Plane ride back home was easy, so thankful we had little princess behavior.
HomeSchool 2014
I'm sure all of you know already but we have decided to Homeschool our girls. It's something that we both think will benefit our girls in every way possible., and we feel this is what the Lord wants us to do. Please keep us in your prayers as we go on this journey. There is SO much to learn, I'm excited to see how the Lord will guide us through this.
So LilliAnn is in her Kindergarten year. And Naomi is in her Preschool year. I'm looking forward to going on many new adventures with both of them.
Right now LilliAnn is already starting to read, she really seemed to pick up quickly on this. She also seems to understand math (adding, time, money) pretty well too. Right now she is working on writing her numbers and letters the right way, she sometimes will get them backwards, and she gets frustrated when she knows that it's not right.
Well I think that should do it for now. Thanks so much for taking time to catch up on our family. We are so blessed in the Lord.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home