Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Naomi's 6 month check-up! Better late then never.

Well, I'm a little behind on blogging, if you hadn't noticed. But better late then never...right? August 6th was her day to be seen by Dr. Clapper her pediatrician. Her appointment went well, it didn't take long before the Dr. was in to do her check-up.  The part I remember the most was that we waited almost 30 min just to get her shots, when the nurse finally came in the room, Naomi had to get 2 shots 1 in each leg and 1 oral. She didn't cry until the second poke, but didn't take long to calm right back down. She slept for most the day, and the shots didn't seem to bother her....until the following day, out of nowhere, screaming.....like something was hurting her so bad, and nothing would calm her down, i remember it taking over a half hour before she was somewhat whipery, but better then screaming. I'm thinking prayer, and Tylenol helped.

Her stats are as follows.

Temperature: 97.9
Height: 2'1" (25 inches-13 %)
Weight: 16 lbs and 6 oz (51%)
Head: 41 cm which boosts her in the 15% 

It's almost been a month since we trying her with FOOD, not just the cereal! Yes, baby food. I'm almost sad, and embarrassed to write this, no i haven't had the chance to home make her food like I did with LilliAnn, I am determined to at least make her something!!! But right now with the busy life of 2 little girls, I haven't motivated myself to make anything yet, but when i do, i will be posting my proud homemade food. She seems to be a lover of vegetables, almost of any kind, we haven't tried greens yet. She will eat fruit, but when you give it to her, she gets the look and the reaction of when you try something sour (the shake of the head and the tongue sticks out) It's cute, i will have to catch a movie clip of this. But so far to me she loves her veggies!

 She is adjusting very well to sleeping in her crib in their room. I sometimes will bring her back to bed with me after her night time bottle. But now that shes moving more....i don't know how long that will last, i don't want to be sleeping and to wake up hearing a thud from a fallen baby. She's already done that once from a morning nap on our bed. :( Other then that, Naomi can pretty much fall asleep anywhere, she's proved that by falling alseep in her bonucer and in even while i was feeding her in her high chair.

Naomi is growing quickly, even tho she doesn't have any teeth yet, her adoring smile is contagious. Just holding her makes everything seem alright.

Naomi is a prefect addition for our family. We are so blessed to have her in our lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home