Friday, July 20, 2012

Happy Birthday LilliAnn!

Well we officially have a 3 year old in our house. It's amazing how "kid" like she looks. My lil' girl is getting bigger.
This year we had Cinderella birthday party. I even made her, her very own Cinderella dress, yes, I finished it!! I'm very proud for just even finishing it, i stayed up till 2 o'clock in the morning 3 nights in a row, trying to finish that dress. I've put well into 12 hours on that dress, I've put it off so long because i was having a hard time understanding the directions. I really waited till the last minute to finish. Far from perfect, but LilliAnn wore it for her entire party. Made momma's heart smile inside. This year we decided to keep it smaller and held it here at our home. Tissue paper pom-poms made, streamers hung. We were ready to party. LilliAnn was most excited to be sung to, and to blow out the candles. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day, we were expecting the weather to be 83 degrees (which would have been the warmest of our summer so far this year) but the weather man was wrong and it stayed in the low 70's. A lady from my work made her an AWESOME cake, i cound't have asked for it any better, i sketched out an idea of what i wanted, and she made it happen, only so much better. She had a pretty wonderful day.

 
On her actual birthday, the day after her party we decided to take her on her first trip to Remlinger Farms, i found a great deal on groupon. It's in Carnation,WA it didn't take us nearly as long as we had thought in bout an hour and a half we were there. The farm, was like a lil' mini fair for just her. She got to go on her first train ride, Naomi too, the expression on LilliAnn's face was pretty priceless. Even the 2nd time around she even made a lil' friend who didn't want to leave her side. Canoe rides which was another top favorite of hers was lots of fun. Her first pony ride, pumpkin rides that went up and down in the air, (with daddy) We had a pretty fun and busy day.

She amazes us everyday by some of the things she says.
Tonight for example.
We were running some errands. I normally drive because i easily get car sick, and while LilliAnn and I were checking out daddy and Naomi went to go get the car, so at this point when we got to the car daddy was driving. Bowser was also along for this car ride. Bowser was on my lap, (window down) and i had said "ouch, Bowser you stepped on my tummy" LilliAnn went on to say something along the lines as, "Daddy you hold Boswer so Bowser doesn't step on mommy's tummy" Daddy had said "I'm driving, and can't hold Bowser right now" LilliAnn then proceed to tell Daddy that he should stop the car, so that Mommy can drive, and so then that Daddy can hold Bowser, so Bowser doesn't step on Mommy's tummy.
She's so clever.

Other cute things she's said to keep notes on is:
I kissed her on the lips, she then took her fingers in a pinching position and said "I moved your kiss over"
I was making the bed and on our sheets are moose, LilliAnn said "Their not moose, it's a Caribou" (I'm assuming she got this animal from watching Baby Einstein movies)
She calls cupcakes "pup-cakes"
               garbage "garr-burge"
Another time Brittin was turned around talking to LilliAnn, and she says "turn your face around please"
Oh! And the classic "I can't eat, Naomi is looking at me again" -Ha-ha this one make me laugh because you always "hear" about kids who say it, but i didn't think that i would actually hear our kids say it.
I'm loving the way she says things in her own cute, adorable way.

LilliAnn is still her spunky self. She loves to play, and is a big helper. We been having a pretty wild sleep scdeal which we need to work on. It's really a hit and miss with nap times, we notice when she does take naps, she more wired at night and takes alot long for bed time that night, sometimes she seems fine without a nap, but then will fall asleep in her highchair, or will go randomly lay in her bed and just fall asleep without being told to. So when we do nap her, we try to only let her sleep for under an hour, so hopefully it won't make it for a long night. We are still undecided when to officially move Naomi in with her. Testing may be happing soon.
She loves being read to, right now her favorites are Fancy Nancy books.
I'm really surprised because for awhile everyday she'd ask to watch Cinderella, and now it's not very often at all. She's got a wooden toy train set, which will keep her busy for a along time. We also got her some traffic signs, she likes to tell us what they are. And and EVERY time now, when were driving in the car she will point out those signs and tell us about them. Her favorite is the Yield sign.
Her newest toy from little sister Naomi, is the Melissa and Doug mailbox. I'll have to admit, were big fans of Melissa and Doug toys here, alot of what they make is just kind of..."cool"

Our deck garden is doing well, we've picked many strawberries from the plants, i decided that our "go to" store for strawberries plants is TacomaBoys, they are getting so big, they are healthy and are giving off LOTS of berries, I'm thinking well need to transplant them the the ground if we want even more berries for next year. Our tomato plants seem like a fail, they haven't really grown and the tomatoes that are starting to form are little, and haven't changed size (home depot plants) so maybe next year will try somewhere else. Our onions are still growing strong, altho i think they could have used a bigger container. And as of toady we picked our first Blueberries, we picked at least 15 off and once we washed them, LilliAnn couldn't get them into her mouth fast enough, she was nice enough to share 2 or 3 berries with each of us. She loved them, next year we will buy another bush! (from Costco)  :)
 




She's officially into 3t clothes, alto sometimes some bands of pants just she to float on her.....she's got no bum to hold them up. We are so blessed to have her in our lives, God sure does know what kids to stick with what Mommies and Daddies. Im so happy she is apart of our family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home