Merry Chritmas and a Happy Flu Bug!
Well Christmas is here and gone and Welcome 2013!
We had a great Christmas. Some new things we tired with LilliAnn this year was a Advent Calendar. She never forgot a day to open the door, to reveal a little candy inside. I think we will do it again next year. We also as a family built a gingerbread house together, it was lots of fun, and i think LilliAnn liked that we got to decorate in all in candy. We are still figuring out our own family traditions and what we like and want to do. Our Christmas tree went up the day after Thanksgiving, we haven't gotten the "real" tree yet, but this year our pre-lit tree only lit up half way, we just bought a couple strings of lights to fill in, and you couldn't even notice. We really don't do the "Santa" thing, there just already seems to be allot of other stuff going on already. She knows Christmas time celebrates Jesus' birth, His birthday. She was excited to make cupcakes for Him. It's cute when you ask her where Jesus was born, she will tell you "in a manger" For now it's what were sticking to, and I don't think were causing any harm, or taking any fun away from her.We decided to wait after she went to bed Christmas eve, to put ALL the presents under the tree. So when she woke up, it would be a big surprise. Her favorite part i think was "opening" presents. Even with Naomi she would say "Naomi's too little, I will help her" thank goodness Naomi has such a helpful big sister ;) We let her pick out 1 present to open, then we ate breakfast together, and then got to open all the rest. It was priceless, getting to watch her.
Happy New Year! So far we are 2 weeks into the new year, and what we've gotten out of it so far has been the FLUBUG! Naomi caught it first (New Year's Eve) all that night i thought Naomi feels "warm" Sure enough the next day fever struck. Daddy stayed home with LilliAnn while I brought her into the walk in clinic. where Grandpa met us. She pretty much was a little limp doll, just resting her head on my chest the entire time at the office. They swabbed her nose, and her test came back positive for the flu. I felt so bad for her, they dosed her with some Motrin which an hour later helped her perk up some. Before leaving the office, they suggested we take her in to the ER. Not questioning them, they to us the flu for babies was pretty serious. Not wanting to risk it, I brought her in the Mary Bridge. As soon as the Dr came in the room, it wasn't a very warm welcome at all. Basically the first question she asked me was NOT about my daughter, but my reason for even coming into the ER. Who sent you? Why did they send you? Basicly i felt like i shouldn't even had showed my face in there building. I even had to request them to look in her ears, which her response was, i won't prescribe her anything, anyways. She looked in her ears and said they were fine. She cont to worry why and who sent us to the ER. Saying Naomi looked great, and she didn't even test for the flu there. Waste of time is what it was. 3 days later Naomi still had some concerns i wasn't comfortable with keeping her home, so i made an apt with her Peditrician. He was able to see her that day, looked into her ears without me asking, cleaned out some wax, and told me she had a double ear infection. When i told him what happened at the ER, he replied i don't know how they could even tell, wax was blocking the view. This didn't make me a happy momma, knowing that the ER told me her ears were fine, when i wanted them to check because even I thought she had in infection then too. Mary Bridge may or may not be getting a letter of complaint from me.
3 days later then New Years LilliAnn and I came down with the flu as well. It's no fun being sick. Blessed that we had daddy to take top notch care of all of us, we spent allot of time in bed. But I'm so thankful he was there to take care of us. LilliAnn even had a return back to the pedirtions office because her fever was retuning and her cough was getting worse. She had to also go on antibiotics for an upper resportity infection.
~~~~~~~~~~~
In other news:
Our little girls are growing! Naomi will be 1 at the end staof this month!!!! Eek! I'm still pondering what to do for her 1st birthday planning. I think it will be a Monkey or a Zebra themed birthday. I need to start offically planning this weekend! Shes still not walking yet, but she sure has no problem pulling her self up, or getting to one side of the room to the other. She still is my hungry little hippo, and still loves to try new things. Alas 1 thing we tried with her that she DOES NOT like.....avacado. Other then that she's signing the "more" sign when she wants....more. :) Simes and giggles she has plenty to share.
LilliAnn is growing tall and still is very clever. Just some random questions you will ask her. How did you get the hicups? "I got them from laughing to much" I was thinking about working with her to write her name soon. I know she's likes to do "frog-jects" projects, so we might have to give it a go and see how it goes. Oh, and tinkerbell, her name is "Jingle-bell" :)
We had a great Christmas. Some new things we tired with LilliAnn this year was a Advent Calendar. She never forgot a day to open the door, to reveal a little candy inside. I think we will do it again next year. We also as a family built a gingerbread house together, it was lots of fun, and i think LilliAnn liked that we got to decorate in all in candy. We are still figuring out our own family traditions and what we like and want to do. Our Christmas tree went up the day after Thanksgiving, we haven't gotten the "real" tree yet, but this year our pre-lit tree only lit up half way, we just bought a couple strings of lights to fill in, and you couldn't even notice. We really don't do the "Santa" thing, there just already seems to be allot of other stuff going on already. She knows Christmas time celebrates Jesus' birth, His birthday. She was excited to make cupcakes for Him. It's cute when you ask her where Jesus was born, she will tell you "in a manger" For now it's what were sticking to, and I don't think were causing any harm, or taking any fun away from her.We decided to wait after she went to bed Christmas eve, to put ALL the presents under the tree. So when she woke up, it would be a big surprise. Her favorite part i think was "opening" presents. Even with Naomi she would say "Naomi's too little, I will help her" thank goodness Naomi has such a helpful big sister ;) We let her pick out 1 present to open, then we ate breakfast together, and then got to open all the rest. It was priceless, getting to watch her.
Happy New Year! So far we are 2 weeks into the new year, and what we've gotten out of it so far has been the FLUBUG! Naomi caught it first (New Year's Eve) all that night i thought Naomi feels "warm" Sure enough the next day fever struck. Daddy stayed home with LilliAnn while I brought her into the walk in clinic. where Grandpa met us. She pretty much was a little limp doll, just resting her head on my chest the entire time at the office. They swabbed her nose, and her test came back positive for the flu. I felt so bad for her, they dosed her with some Motrin which an hour later helped her perk up some. Before leaving the office, they suggested we take her in to the ER. Not questioning them, they to us the flu for babies was pretty serious. Not wanting to risk it, I brought her in the Mary Bridge. As soon as the Dr came in the room, it wasn't a very warm welcome at all. Basically the first question she asked me was NOT about my daughter, but my reason for even coming into the ER. Who sent you? Why did they send you? Basicly i felt like i shouldn't even had showed my face in there building. I even had to request them to look in her ears, which her response was, i won't prescribe her anything, anyways. She looked in her ears and said they were fine. She cont to worry why and who sent us to the ER. Saying Naomi looked great, and she didn't even test for the flu there. Waste of time is what it was. 3 days later Naomi still had some concerns i wasn't comfortable with keeping her home, so i made an apt with her Peditrician. He was able to see her that day, looked into her ears without me asking, cleaned out some wax, and told me she had a double ear infection. When i told him what happened at the ER, he replied i don't know how they could even tell, wax was blocking the view. This didn't make me a happy momma, knowing that the ER told me her ears were fine, when i wanted them to check because even I thought she had in infection then too. Mary Bridge may or may not be getting a letter of complaint from me.
3 days later then New Years LilliAnn and I came down with the flu as well. It's no fun being sick. Blessed that we had daddy to take top notch care of all of us, we spent allot of time in bed. But I'm so thankful he was there to take care of us. LilliAnn even had a return back to the pedirtions office because her fever was retuning and her cough was getting worse. She had to also go on antibiotics for an upper resportity infection.
~~~~~~~~~~~
In other news:
Our little girls are growing! Naomi will be 1 at the end staof this month!!!! Eek! I'm still pondering what to do for her 1st birthday planning. I think it will be a Monkey or a Zebra themed birthday. I need to start offically planning this weekend! Shes still not walking yet, but she sure has no problem pulling her self up, or getting to one side of the room to the other. She still is my hungry little hippo, and still loves to try new things. Alas 1 thing we tried with her that she DOES NOT like.....avacado. Other then that she's signing the "more" sign when she wants....more. :) Simes and giggles she has plenty to share.
LilliAnn is growing tall and still is very clever. Just some random questions you will ask her. How did you get the hicups? "I got them from laughing to much" I was thinking about working with her to write her name soon. I know she's likes to do "frog-jects" projects, so we might have to give it a go and see how it goes. Oh, and tinkerbell, her name is "Jingle-bell" :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home