Monday, January 16, 2012

37 Weeks and 2 days + a very busy week + snow + baby shower

2 weeks and and 1 day to go!! The excitement and anticipation are defiantly in full swing. I think I'm almost a GREEN light to go. A few more things around the house I would like to get done....keeping a clean kitchen and bathroom are high on the list. But as of this evening i think i got all my "errands" checked off the list. Whew, coming home outfit is a check! Yep, i think I've got everything i can think of..... just in time too, the snow finally came, and little late from Christmas, but we are in the winter season, I'm glad it decided to show up.




Snow...? Yep it started the day before yesterday, and it's become a little winter wonderland here, it's beautiful and very calming. Tonight or tomorrow, "they say" we are expected to get 10inches!! Wow!! LilliAnn likes to pick it up in small portions and throw it, as well as walking and crunching the snow under her boots. Here's a couple of cute photos I was able to catch of LilliAnn smiling away.










This past Saturday the 14th i had my 1st baby shower given by my sister and Dorothy. It has a really cute Noah's Ark theme. It was a nice small get together of some family and friends. Some of the games we played was A-Z you had to list 2 animals with one letter. Also they hid little baby items through out the house, then you had to remember what you saw, and write them down in a short period of time. I really had a good time, with yummy snacks to eat and punch to drink...and even by special request...no cake...I got PIE!!!


I must say it has been a VERY hectic week and a half.....our vacuum, oven, furnace, and wash machine all had to be replaced!!! We got our vacuum, with little money spent out of pocket (since Costco's return policy) we mainly did an exchange,


After we did this Brittin started a little project of putting recessed lighting in the living room, we had only been using a lamp for the room the past 7 1/2 years....so we had a little extra money saved to do this, and during the winter time, it get pretty dark in here. Little did we know our up coming "projects" we would have.....next our oil furnace ran out, we paid $400 barley over a month prior...rediciulous...i didn't want to dump another $400 into it again with it only lasting a month...(thinking we could use that money toward something more efficient) we started looking into pellet stoves, and decided to maybe wait another year to do this, so we converted to a electric heating system, being very blessed, we got the new furnace for more then 1/2 the price we were going to pay, as well as allot of help from our brother in law, Aaron to help Brittin install it. 1 week without heat, we warmed up on space heaters, and blocked off hallways with a curtain...thank goodness we have heat now...right before the snow! Now we don't have to ever worry, when are we going to run out of "heat"


That same night that our oil ran out...our oven went out also, it more smelled like electric wire burning up...we had to flip the breaker before the smell started to subside. We've had problems with it in the past but were able to fix it, this time we decided to retire it due to, it possibly catching on fire! Which it did do 1 time already (the element awhile back ago-it looked like the 4th of July in the oven) 1 week without an oven, crock pot foods and takeout got us through that week, as well as a few homemade dinners shared with us made by my sister! :)


We thought we were in the clear, we had heat, an oven to cook food on...then 3 loads of laundry later, error code after error code on our front load wash machine, it had been a couple years that it slowly had a leak on it...and the last 6 months on certain loads it would spit out water and soap suds all over the floor, and occasional error codes that could be fixed with A) unplugging the machine B)simple turn off and back on...open and closing the door....all which worked for awhile...expect this time. We got our new washer from Costco, so we only went 3 days without.


While I'm glad this all happened BEFORE the baby.... it's just still allot to have happen, and a little tight on the budget, expically since I'm not working. God is defintally always faithful to provide. Just curious what he might have in store next.....? Water heater? dryer? .....let's just hope we can at least get another year out of them....It's only the beginning of the year, and I think we qualify for not having to get anymore appliances until the next few years.


Since my last blog I have visited the doctor twice, once last Tues. and today!


Stats:


Last Week: Today:


140lbs-----142lbs


(lost 1 lbs since the week before on the first one)


98/48------128/66 Blood Pressure


151BPM------138 BPM


Today she did my StrepB test, hoping i test negative for that (it's a type of bacteria test) then it will be one less thing i have to take medicines for. My visit was short and sweet, trying to remember all the questions i need to ask her....I just remembered one too....when i got my epidural with LilliAnn i remember her heart rate dropping....i wanted to ask her will it be a problem for this next time also. Other then that things are going well. When I'm sitting, it hard and hurts to get up, but once I'm up and take a few steps...I'm good to go, with some minimal pain...sometimes i feel like an injured waddling duck. I'm getting anxious...and have been doing some baby laundry...i really like holding the blankets to my face and smelling them. :) Dreft soap, has a baby smell to me. I've pretty much got all the baby laundry done and ready to go. LilliAnn's bag is packed...i still need to our and the baby's. Maybe i get that checked off my list for tomorrow. The only things left on my "to do list" is keeping up a clean kitchen and bathroom.


Bowser got groomed today, so he's fresh and clean and oh so soft. Check! On Wed. i have a dentist apt which they had to rescheduled on me from last week..hopefully it won't get cancelled again (because of snow)


Well that about does it-sorry for such a long blog-but there was alot to talk about!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home