35 Weeks 4 Days
I had already typed this blog once, and somehow all my text got erased, so here i am again, trying to remember what i wrote the first time, so please bear with me.
Sunday, the 14th was my family baby shower at my dad and Dorothy's house. It was a beautiful day, a little overcast at first, and finally the sun came out to play. I was so surprised at how many people came. It was so nice to see everyone. Some of the games we played, was guess the type of baby food, and draw a baby on top of your head. We also played a clothespin game were no one could say boy, girl, or baby. One of my favorite things was the diaper cake, I had always heard of one, but never had seen one done before, it turned out so neat. Jennifer, Dorothy and the other people who helped did an amazing job at making everything turn out so great. Everyone was very generous, i think we almost practically had our whole registry fulfilled. Brittin and I are truly blessed. The little one definately has it's necessities covered.



I put together a little slide show of pictures that were taken by my Aunt Amy and friend Lydia. It seems to take a bit to slide to the next picture, but if you hit the next button on the right corner it flips through them a little bit faster.
~Sorry, guys the slide show is not working, and i had spent many hours trying to figure it out. And it kept on messing up the blog, and erasing things, then the pictures wouldn't all play. I will try to post a few, normally.
Ok, so i guess i better type this, before our next Birthing class comes and goes. This week it was our turn to bring the class snack. In the previous weeks, most couples had brought healthy snacks, like fruit, and crackers, and homemade bread. We thought that we would try something a little different. We decided on Rice Krispies Treats, Brittin had made them all on his own in the morning. They were super yummy. I think that we only brought home 4 squares left from the whole batch. During class we learned more about active labor, and some delivery. Another movie to watch. Then there was the ice. May i warn you i wasn't too happy when the teacher had said "the guys can sit this one out, and only the ladies will have to hold the ice" I was thinking in my head no way did she just say that. But there us "girls" were holding the ice 4 different times. No fun. Oh well. She did talk a little about making a Birthing plan. Which we are still working on. But she did give us a fantastic idea that we never thought of. She pretty much was talking to us since we are the only couple not finding out if we are having a boy or girl. She has suggested to have the husband announce the sex of the baby, instead of having the midwife or nurse say it. Brittin and I both looked at each other at the same time, and knew that it is something we want to do. That pretty much concluded our class.
Sunday, the 14th was my family baby shower at my dad and Dorothy's house. It was a beautiful day, a little overcast at first, and finally the sun came out to play. I was so surprised at how many people came. It was so nice to see everyone. Some of the games we played, was guess the type of baby food, and draw a baby on top of your head. We also played a clothespin game were no one could say boy, girl, or baby. One of my favorite things was the diaper cake, I had always heard of one, but never had seen one done before, it turned out so neat. Jennifer, Dorothy and the other people who helped did an amazing job at making everything turn out so great. Everyone was very generous, i think we almost practically had our whole registry fulfilled. Brittin and I are truly blessed. The little one definately has it's necessities covered.
I put together a little slide show of pictures that were taken by my Aunt Amy and friend Lydia. It seems to take a bit to slide to the next picture, but if you hit the next button on the right corner it flips through them a little bit faster.
~Sorry, guys the slide show is not working, and i had spent many hours trying to figure it out. And it kept on messing up the blog, and erasing things, then the pictures wouldn't all play. I will try to post a few, normally.
Ok, so i guess i better type this, before our next Birthing class comes and goes. This week it was our turn to bring the class snack. In the previous weeks, most couples had brought healthy snacks, like fruit, and crackers, and homemade bread. We thought that we would try something a little different. We decided on Rice Krispies Treats, Brittin had made them all on his own in the morning. They were super yummy. I think that we only brought home 4 squares left from the whole batch. During class we learned more about active labor, and some delivery. Another movie to watch. Then there was the ice. May i warn you i wasn't too happy when the teacher had said "the guys can sit this one out, and only the ladies will have to hold the ice" I was thinking in my head no way did she just say that. But there us "girls" were holding the ice 4 different times. No fun. Oh well. She did talk a little about making a Birthing plan. Which we are still working on. But she did give us a fantastic idea that we never thought of. She pretty much was talking to us since we are the only couple not finding out if we are having a boy or girl. She has suggested to have the husband announce the sex of the baby, instead of having the midwife or nurse say it. Brittin and I both looked at each other at the same time, and knew that it is something we want to do. That pretty much concluded our class.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home