LilliAnn our growing girl
Well, I've blogged and bragged about LilliAnn so far twice this month. So as an update to those post I am happy to announce that LilliAnn is officially Binky free.
Talk about "blessed" as i know the Lord played a huge role in this. Because we weren't even starting the process of going binky free yet. We first started by not allowing her to have it during the day, (about 6 months ago?) and only for naps and bedtime. As she would "very often" sneak into her room to get it out. I even watched how she did it, since she still sleeps with her boppy pillow...yes LilliAnn's used this since she was 9 months old. She would reach her arms in the slits of her crib and use the pillow to pull the binky closer to her. It took her a little while to adjust. But for the most part when she would get out of bed her binky would go "night-nite" sometimes she would even want to stay in her crib a little longer to have it. Anyways, you know the story of how she one night went "back" to bed without it, and has doing fine ever since, no binky trimming, no asking for it. Done! Wow, what an easy process it was. Not what i was expecting, at all. So as for the subject Binky....mum's the word? :)
As for the potty training, nothing really has come of it. I ask her ever so often "Does LilliAnn want to go potty in the toilet?" she will most always say no, or no thank you. I'm thinking of taking a break from asking her, thinking she just may be in the "habbit" of saying no, and knows it's the easy way out of doing something she doesn't want to. But i know when she ready she will do it. Because when mommy goes potty she will cheer and clap for me. Aren't I special? I have an adorable audience who cheers me on. Now if only we could reverse, and i could cheer and clap for her when she uses the potty. Sometimes she will surprise me and say "ok" but then as soon as she sits, she's "all done" So maybe just maybe she might be "trained" in the next 6 months. We will have to see, but wouldn't that be wonderful, 1 potty trained and only 1 in diapers. I can't imagine buying 2 Costco sized boxes of diapers at the same time. Well, a new thing to pray about, right?
She hasn't attempted to crawl out of her crib again, yet. So that's a good thing.
And well LilliAnn has a new "like" Chonga bagels, usually this is my one of my favorite things to get at Starbucks, and now i can't order just 1 anymore. On our way to Aunties (Friday) we most always bring coffee, and when we go to Starbucks...we get a bagel too. This time we got coffee at The Met. and went to Starbucks for a bagel. We drove to Starbucks 1 ...Gone...we drive to Starbucks 2.....gone. "LilliAnn the bagels are all gone" .."all gone". Next day (Saturday) ok so i must have REALLY wanted bagels. So we drive to Starbucks. Two bagels please. LilliAnn eats about half of hers in the car ride over to Grandpa's house. I eat mine when we get there, i put her other "half" in the fridge for later. Grandpa has his own bagels, and makes up his own. LilliAnn sees it, and ask him for some, which she puts in her month then spits it back out and hands it to me. haha, i thought i was pretty funny. Later Grandpa tells me it wasn't long before she ate the rest of her Chonga bagel. So (Monday) the day of our apt. LilliAnn "requests" to have a bagel. When we are done we drive to Starbucks 1....Gone....Starbucks 2 "yes we have some" me...how many? I buy a package of 5 (to freeze) and 1 toasted with cream cheese to go. LilliAnn can eat a whole one of these with out problems. Now that brings us to (Wednesday) this week is all messed up with our schedules, LilliAnn goes to Aunties this day to, we are running late, and LilliAnn slept in, so i grab a Chonga bagel from the freezer "to go" and did all the toasting and cream cheese at Aunties house. The bagel is cut in half. and then i cut them in to halves again. She's eating one of them with 1 and 1/2 halves sitting on her plate, i need to go and boy does her bagel look good, so i thought she could "share" with me a 1/2. Well, she started to cry.......I thought this was funny since she was already stuffing one in her face and still had a whole half left on her plate. Guess next time, momma should bring her own. I consider our daughter "hooked" on Chonga bagels.
Earlier at the beginning of the month Uncle Joe, Auntie, and Claire were here for visit and a run. We all go to the zoo too, and Auntie Jennifer and Michael and Kyle come also. It was a nice day, and it was fun to be with my siblings and niece and nephews.
Cute things she says:
Mommy hold you. (when she wants to be held) ..which has been allot lately
Before i had to leave for work I asked LilliAnn "lets get dressed before momma has to go to work, so we can go for a walk" she says ...no your not :)
instead of saying "no your not" "no I'm not" I'm trying to teach her to say "no thank you"
LilliAnn lets get ready for bed. "no thank you"
When we watch the Cosby show and the end of the end credits their song they say "Ow" and she repeats "Ow" very cute like.
We've been going off and on for about 2 weeks now, on a I don't want to sleep phase. This is one i do not like at all. We've stayed up past 1am, 4am, and times just way later then she needs to. I'm shocked how late and long a little girl can scream for. The part that makes me sad is when she will for over and half hour, call my name, or say "mommy hold you" over and over. It's so hard not to rush in there and pick her up. But I know, if i do that, then she will do it more often , to get me in there. So, while we are trying to go through this phase please send prayers LilliAnns way to have restful nights without any hesitation. And for strength for mommy and daddy too. Because on the nights she cries..are the nights daddy has to sleep downstairs. (because he has to be up so early)
I'm trying to think if I'm missing anything, but all i can think of for now is that we've measured her foot and it's 5 1/8" inches! Ok, well I at least hope that one made you smile. Until next time.
Talk about "blessed" as i know the Lord played a huge role in this. Because we weren't even starting the process of going binky free yet. We first started by not allowing her to have it during the day, (about 6 months ago?) and only for naps and bedtime. As she would "very often" sneak into her room to get it out. I even watched how she did it, since she still sleeps with her boppy pillow...yes LilliAnn's used this since she was 9 months old. She would reach her arms in the slits of her crib and use the pillow to pull the binky closer to her. It took her a little while to adjust. But for the most part when she would get out of bed her binky would go "night-nite" sometimes she would even want to stay in her crib a little longer to have it. Anyways, you know the story of how she one night went "back" to bed without it, and has doing fine ever since, no binky trimming, no asking for it. Done! Wow, what an easy process it was. Not what i was expecting, at all. So as for the subject Binky....mum's the word? :)
As for the potty training, nothing really has come of it. I ask her ever so often "Does LilliAnn want to go potty in the toilet?" she will most always say no, or no thank you. I'm thinking of taking a break from asking her, thinking she just may be in the "habbit" of saying no, and knows it's the easy way out of doing something she doesn't want to. But i know when she ready she will do it. Because when mommy goes potty she will cheer and clap for me. Aren't I special? I have an adorable audience who cheers me on. Now if only we could reverse, and i could cheer and clap for her when she uses the potty. Sometimes she will surprise me and say "ok" but then as soon as she sits, she's "all done" So maybe just maybe she might be "trained" in the next 6 months. We will have to see, but wouldn't that be wonderful, 1 potty trained and only 1 in diapers. I can't imagine buying 2 Costco sized boxes of diapers at the same time. Well, a new thing to pray about, right?
She hasn't attempted to crawl out of her crib again, yet. So that's a good thing.
And well LilliAnn has a new "like" Chonga bagels, usually this is my one of my favorite things to get at Starbucks, and now i can't order just 1 anymore. On our way to Aunties (Friday) we most always bring coffee, and when we go to Starbucks...we get a bagel too. This time we got coffee at The Met. and went to Starbucks for a bagel. We drove to Starbucks 1 ...Gone...we drive to Starbucks 2.....gone. "LilliAnn the bagels are all gone" .."all gone". Next day (Saturday) ok so i must have REALLY wanted bagels. So we drive to Starbucks. Two bagels please. LilliAnn eats about half of hers in the car ride over to Grandpa's house. I eat mine when we get there, i put her other "half" in the fridge for later. Grandpa has his own bagels, and makes up his own. LilliAnn sees it, and ask him for some, which she puts in her month then spits it back out and hands it to me. haha, i thought i was pretty funny. Later Grandpa tells me it wasn't long before she ate the rest of her Chonga bagel. So (Monday) the day of our apt. LilliAnn "requests" to have a bagel. When we are done we drive to Starbucks 1....Gone....Starbucks 2 "yes we have some" me...how many? I buy a package of 5 (to freeze) and 1 toasted with cream cheese to go. LilliAnn can eat a whole one of these with out problems. Now that brings us to (Wednesday) this week is all messed up with our schedules, LilliAnn goes to Aunties this day to, we are running late, and LilliAnn slept in, so i grab a Chonga bagel from the freezer "to go" and did all the toasting and cream cheese at Aunties house. The bagel is cut in half. and then i cut them in to halves again. She's eating one of them with 1 and 1/2 halves sitting on her plate, i need to go and boy does her bagel look good, so i thought she could "share" with me a 1/2. Well, she started to cry.......I thought this was funny since she was already stuffing one in her face and still had a whole half left on her plate. Guess next time, momma should bring her own. I consider our daughter "hooked" on Chonga bagels.
Earlier at the beginning of the month Uncle Joe, Auntie, and Claire were here for visit and a run. We all go to the zoo too, and Auntie Jennifer and Michael and Kyle come also. It was a nice day, and it was fun to be with my siblings and niece and nephews.
Cute things she says:
Mommy hold you. (when she wants to be held) ..which has been allot lately
Before i had to leave for work I asked LilliAnn "lets get dressed before momma has to go to work, so we can go for a walk" she says ...no your not :)
instead of saying "no your not" "no I'm not" I'm trying to teach her to say "no thank you"
LilliAnn lets get ready for bed. "no thank you"
When we watch the Cosby show and the end of the end credits their song they say "Ow" and she repeats "Ow" very cute like.
We've been going off and on for about 2 weeks now, on a I don't want to sleep phase. This is one i do not like at all. We've stayed up past 1am, 4am, and times just way later then she needs to. I'm shocked how late and long a little girl can scream for. The part that makes me sad is when she will for over and half hour, call my name, or say "mommy hold you" over and over. It's so hard not to rush in there and pick her up. But I know, if i do that, then she will do it more often , to get me in there. So, while we are trying to go through this phase please send prayers LilliAnns way to have restful nights without any hesitation. And for strength for mommy and daddy too. Because on the nights she cries..are the nights daddy has to sleep downstairs. (because he has to be up so early)
I'm trying to think if I'm missing anything, but all i can think of for now is that we've measured her foot and it's 5 1/8" inches! Ok, well I at least hope that one made you smile. Until next time.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home