Friday, February 27, 2009

Half Way There!

(right) 20 Weeks

Well. as of today I am happy to say that I am HALF WAY THERE! Hooray! Where do i start?

About a week ago, last Friday, for the first time Brittin, was able to feel a little tiny tap, of the baby moving. Baby, was very active that night, when Brittin got home from work, we sat down on the couch to eat dinner, I told him i felt baby moving, and placed his hand were i had felt it move, and just that moment, a little tap. Then 3 days later, he had felt it again, just as we were getting into bed, baby was moving more, and another little tap. I was very excited. I didn't think that Brittin would be able to feel it so soon.

So yesterday, was our big ultrasound. Don't worry, as soon as we walked in the door we told them, we didn't want to know the sex of the baby. I'll start from the beginning.

Thursday, morning we woke up around 9:30, it was a big day for us. We started out driving to the Gig Harbor Costco, to pick up some diapers, that they had put on hold for us. See, Costco
has most recently changed the packing of the diapers, so all the older packing of diapers they marked down very cheap, so as people return diapers, (boxes never open/used) they put them out to sell. $9.97 for 238 diapers! What a steal, so it was well worth the drive, and toll.

Pt. defiance has 1 free zoo day a month. And yesterday, was it. So we head to the zoo before our apt. It's sunny out, but very cold. There was hardly anyone there, it was very nice. We even got to see divers, in the shark tank, which we never saw before, so that was pretty neat. Our plan was to go out to lunch aferwards, but since there wasn't enough time to eat before the apt. We head over to my sisters house to visit her and Michael.

After that, we head over to St. Joes for our apt. It took almost an 1 hour to call our name. The very nice lady who was an intern, we get in the room. We tell her we don't want to know the sex of the baby. She tells us "Well your defiantly not the majority, most people tell us that the first thing that they want to know, and that's all they care about." Brittin and I are still very excited to wait. She shows us the screen, and points out what things are. About 15 minutes into the appt. another lady walks in, and takes over, because she says they are behind, this lady is familiar. She is the lady from our first apt. they lady who bulged her eyes. Hehe. Anyway, most of the time she dose not show us the screen, and barely talks. She says that our baby is very active, and she has to tilt the bed, where my feet is higher then my head. The baby's head is low, and is hiding and did not want it's picture to be taken. My thoughts on the matter is that since ultrasounds it all done by sound. Baby didn't like it and was trying to get away from it. She checks the heart beat. 147 BPM. Which she says is normal.

Here are some pictures that they gave us. There was a few that i had asked for specifically, but i ended up with some different ones. Oh well....
It's an arm, and hand Baby Profile of face Baby's head with arm over face
It's a foot
It's a foot, and leg


Lunch Time! We were very hungry. And had been looking forward to lunch. We head over to Ruston Way, to eat at Katie Downs, one of my favorite restaurants. We each order, Brittin some fish tacos, and me a personal Fearless pizza, with fries. Minus the perperchinnis and add peperoni. =)

After lunch, we head over to BabiesRUs to register. We had allot of fun, and took turns scanning items. You can check it out online! A funny little story to tell inbetween, while we were there, about half way done, I need to use the restroom. So I tell Brittin to look at the rocking chairs, and to pick on he likes. When i come out, he said he saw one and for me to look at them, while he goes and we'll compare them when he gets back, i look at them, and really only saw one that i liked. So I sat in it till he returned. He walks towards me with a smile. He said that was the exact same one he picked.

That pretty much completes our day, we relaxed the rest of the night, watched an episode of Lost. And just Relaxed.

I defiantly feel the baby move around allot more, and it's movements are getting stronger. I mostly feel them after I am home from work in the evening. Right now, Baby is moving. =)

Customers at work, have been asking me for the last two weeks, when am i due. And the most famous question, do you know what your having? To which my favorite answer is...."It's going to be a surprise"

Oh, here is a picture of our, diaper bag that i just finished making. It's looks like summer. I liked how it turned out, I'm thinking about making another one.












First Homemade Baby project

3 Comments:

Blogger lydia c s said...

very nice im glad updated it.... even though we already talked about most of what you wrote....I dont have to tell mom...i just show her the updated page!! heheh

February 28, 2009 at 7:36 PM  
Blogger lydia c s said...

hey lady, st. patty's day is over time to update..... easters next.....
call me later... luvz........
LydiaC

March 20, 2009 at 7:34 PM  
Blogger lydia c s said...

hey you changed the layout!! but not updated the typing an no new stories..... 'sniff......
I want new pics....Gary gave me more lightingtips and tricks....we need to try out on you ok!! Thats a statement not asking...heheh LydiaC
and you need to check out my profile ive done a little to it.......

March 29, 2009 at 7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home