What's been happening
Well need less to say it's been a rough 3 and half weeks. LilliAnn is the best baby in the world, we couldn't have been more blessed with such a mellow baby. She is growing so quickly she polishes off her bottles 4 oz at times. She's our little cluster feeder. She is as beautiful as they come. Bowser and Oliver have gotten adjusted very quickly to having her around. And when LilliAnn needs something Bowser is there letting us know as well. She has beautiful eyes which seems to be open often, except when she is sleeping. Brittin and I think she has greenish brown eyes. She is getting taller each day, is so amazing. How quickly they grow.
As for me I have returned twice to the hospital since they did my C-section. The first time i returned was 4 days later. I was having extreme right adoimabl pain, with and a hard time breathing and moving. I called up my midwifes office around 3:30 in the morning. She called me back, after explaining my situation, she told me to come in to the ER. After 10 hours in the ER and a number of tests they ran blood draws, x-rays, CT scans, more blood draws, and more x-rays, and an IV, they admitted me. I think at one point i even was on oxygen. They let me go to the 12th floor the mommy and baby floor so LilliAnn and Brittin could stay with me. No one really could tell me what was going on, except that my white cell count was really high around the 22 range. Normal is around 6 to 9. My tests showed nothing. After spending 4 days there, i was discharged and sent home with antibiotics.
After 4 days of taking those. I was getting sicker, I called my office, and told them my symptoms, so they told me to come into the office. At that point, she thought i was having a reaction to the antibiotics so she thought i should stop them. They drew more blood for more tests, and she wanted me to do antother CT scan, just to see how things were looking. My second CT showed some things that the first one didn't. But at that point my white cell count was down, so they thought that they had killed the infection. She also wanted me to get a second opinion from my primary doctor. So i made that apt. After going in there, getting more blood taken. He said he would run more tests. My blood count was down. And he said to come back in a week for a follow up. It wasn't even a week, and i was calling asking if i could come in earlier because my pain was back, with a fever. So 2 days before my apt. i was back in his office, Brittin, LilliAnn and I were there for 2 and half hours. They took more blood, and when he came back, my white count had doubled since i saw him last. He suggested i headed back to the ER.
So, we all came back home, and got lunch. I called my dad, and together we headed into the ER. It seemed forever, before they saw us. They called us back to get some blood drawn, the girl tried 4 times to get in twice in each arm, she couldn't get any to draw, so another girl thought she was tough and could do it, tryed in my hand, and ended up blowing out my vein. So they thought they would wait till the got an IV in before they would try again. After a number of hours in the ER. The ER doctor was really nice and actually got a ball rolling, he had called 4 different doctors, to all look at my charts to find out what was going on inside of me. They did another CT scan, which showed abess all over my tummy. I had a surgeon, a infectious disease, and internal medicine, and a OBG doctor all on board. Another 4 days spent at the hospital, they put in a pick line, which is a IV line that they stick in your arm, and you don't have to be connect to a pole, it's just there in your arm, it's portable. They also went in and drew a sample from one of the abess, to see what kindof bacteria they were dealing with. My luck, they cultured it for over 42 hours and it never grew anything. But they are treating it anyways, they stared off with 3 antibiotics. Now, i only am taking 1, different from the others.
This has defiantly been one of the hardest things that i have dealt with in a very long time. Physically and emotionally. I don't like being poked, and being at a hospital, that is far away from wishful thinking. My hope and trust in completely in the Lord, I know that He has in hand in all of this. For reasons why this is happing i do not know. But this has defiantly brought me to my knees, talking to the Lord. We have been so blessed with a wonderful and caring family, thank you for everyone who is praying for us. And those who have helped out in ways, that we can't say thank you enough. My dad expecaully he has been by my side allot, while I've been at the hosptial. And Brittin too, with the baby it's been hard to juggle, he's been wanting to spend time with me, but briring a newborn to the hospital wasn't such a great idea, so also for those who have helped out in watching our precious little girl too, so that Brittin could spend some time with me. Our hope and prayer is that this time the antibiotics will work, they plan on using them for 2 weeks, and maintaing my pain with meds and the moment. I have a few follow up doctors appts. And another CT scan to be done in the next 2 weeks. Please continue to pray. I am ready just to be a mommy.
As for me I have returned twice to the hospital since they did my C-section. The first time i returned was 4 days later. I was having extreme right adoimabl pain, with and a hard time breathing and moving. I called up my midwifes office around 3:30 in the morning. She called me back, after explaining my situation, she told me to come in to the ER. After 10 hours in the ER and a number of tests they ran blood draws, x-rays, CT scans, more blood draws, and more x-rays, and an IV, they admitted me. I think at one point i even was on oxygen. They let me go to the 12th floor the mommy and baby floor so LilliAnn and Brittin could stay with me. No one really could tell me what was going on, except that my white cell count was really high around the 22 range. Normal is around 6 to 9. My tests showed nothing. After spending 4 days there, i was discharged and sent home with antibiotics.
After 4 days of taking those. I was getting sicker, I called my office, and told them my symptoms, so they told me to come into the office. At that point, she thought i was having a reaction to the antibiotics so she thought i should stop them. They drew more blood for more tests, and she wanted me to do antother CT scan, just to see how things were looking. My second CT showed some things that the first one didn't. But at that point my white cell count was down, so they thought that they had killed the infection. She also wanted me to get a second opinion from my primary doctor. So i made that apt. After going in there, getting more blood taken. He said he would run more tests. My blood count was down. And he said to come back in a week for a follow up. It wasn't even a week, and i was calling asking if i could come in earlier because my pain was back, with a fever. So 2 days before my apt. i was back in his office, Brittin, LilliAnn and I were there for 2 and half hours. They took more blood, and when he came back, my white count had doubled since i saw him last. He suggested i headed back to the ER.
So, we all came back home, and got lunch. I called my dad, and together we headed into the ER. It seemed forever, before they saw us. They called us back to get some blood drawn, the girl tried 4 times to get in twice in each arm, she couldn't get any to draw, so another girl thought she was tough and could do it, tryed in my hand, and ended up blowing out my vein. So they thought they would wait till the got an IV in before they would try again. After a number of hours in the ER. The ER doctor was really nice and actually got a ball rolling, he had called 4 different doctors, to all look at my charts to find out what was going on inside of me. They did another CT scan, which showed abess all over my tummy. I had a surgeon, a infectious disease, and internal medicine, and a OBG doctor all on board. Another 4 days spent at the hospital, they put in a pick line, which is a IV line that they stick in your arm, and you don't have to be connect to a pole, it's just there in your arm, it's portable. They also went in and drew a sample from one of the abess, to see what kindof bacteria they were dealing with. My luck, they cultured it for over 42 hours and it never grew anything. But they are treating it anyways, they stared off with 3 antibiotics. Now, i only am taking 1, different from the others.
This has defiantly been one of the hardest things that i have dealt with in a very long time. Physically and emotionally. I don't like being poked, and being at a hospital, that is far away from wishful thinking. My hope and trust in completely in the Lord, I know that He has in hand in all of this. For reasons why this is happing i do not know. But this has defiantly brought me to my knees, talking to the Lord. We have been so blessed with a wonderful and caring family, thank you for everyone who is praying for us. And those who have helped out in ways, that we can't say thank you enough. My dad expecaully he has been by my side allot, while I've been at the hosptial. And Brittin too, with the baby it's been hard to juggle, he's been wanting to spend time with me, but briring a newborn to the hospital wasn't such a great idea, so also for those who have helped out in watching our precious little girl too, so that Brittin could spend some time with me. Our hope and prayer is that this time the antibiotics will work, they plan on using them for 2 weeks, and maintaing my pain with meds and the moment. I have a few follow up doctors appts. And another CT scan to be done in the next 2 weeks. Please continue to pray. I am ready just to be a mommy.

2 Comments:
I didn't know you had a C-section! Brittin didn't share many details about the birth, he said he would leave that to you.
I will be praying for you to recover quickly! I hope to come visit you once you are feeling better! :)
kimberly, i love you and really miss you!
I know God has a plan and all of these unexpected things that have come up will pass soon and you will be able to enjoy being a mother even more... Lydia
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home